- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, picked
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 150g Cashel Blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°/gas mark 6. Toss the butternut squash, garlic and red onion in olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Remove from the oven and toss with the thyme and set aside.
- In a dry frying pan lightly toast the hazelnuts until just coloured. Set aside.
- Whisk the mustard and vinegar together with the chilli flakes and four tablespoons of olive oil to make a dressing.
- Toss the cooked vegetables with the salad leaves and dressing. Taste to check seasoning. Flake the cheese over the salad, top with the hazelnuts and serve.
Almonds make a nice alternative to the hazelnuts.