No.1 Pery Square, Limerick is hosting a Victorian afternoon tea on Sunday 19th August
Located in Limerick's Georgian Quarter, No.1 Pery Square is a boutique town house hotel with just 20 rooms. The hotel has it's own kitchen garden and serves up a traditional afternoon tea, complete with savoury sandwiches, scones and sweet treats.
Alongside the afternoon tea, learn all about Victorian history, fashion and literature with an exciting schedule of events.
- Welcome address by nostalgic-events manager Rose Servitova
- Historical expert, Sharon Slater presents her talk “Limerick Victorians & Vice”, enlightening us about the many of the scandals of the day.
- Serving of Victorian-inspired afternoon tea delights.
- Award-winning author, Nuala O’Connor reads from her new novel Becoming Belle– based on the true story of a Victorian dancer who becomes the Countess of Clancarty.
- Two great Irish wits meet when comedian, Myles Breen takes on Oscar Wilde.
- Finally, it’s corsets et al as Historical Costumer & Heritage Expert, Melissa Shiels, entertains us with her talk and demo on “Dressing up for Tea”.
The Victorian Afternoon Tea costs €39 and will take place on Sunday 19th August 2018 at 2pm. For more information visit oneperysquare.com