This recipe from the cookery school at James Street South is the perfect mid-week meal.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon thyme sprigs
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 x 200g thick fillets of fish, such as cod, halibut, hake or sea bass
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 230C/gas mark 8/445F and place a roasting tray into the oven to preheat.
- Mix the olive oil, chopped parsley and thyme with sea salt and ground pepper in a bowl. Coat each fillet of fish with the mixture and, with the leftover mix, cover the cherry tomatoes.
- When the roasting tray is very hot, place the fish and tomatoes on the tray and cook on the top shelf of the oven for 10 minutes. If the fillets are very thin, test after five minutes. You don’t want to overdo them.
- Remove from oven and place the fillet on a plate with the cooked tomatoes and serve with salad, new potatoes or couscous.
Tip: You don’t have to use hake - adjust according to what’s in season, but adjust cooking times according to thickness of the fish. You can serve with asparagus in summer or roast vegetables in winter.
For more great seafood recipes click here