For lunch in Eathos we give the option of selecting a protein (for example, salmon, beef, tuna or turkey) to combine with your choice of salad. Most people opt for two salads. Here we have served the turkey and courgette koftas with our spiced cashew slaw (recipe on page 54) and a grilled halloumi, samphire and asparagus salad.
- 400g good quality minced turkey
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 3 spring onions, white parts only, finely sliced
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g asparagus, cut in half at an angle
- 100g samphire
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g sundried tomatoes
- 2 figs, halved
- 250g halloumi cheese, sliced in 30g slices
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce#
- 200ml orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas mark 7. Mix all the ingredients for the turkey koftas, apart from the olive oil, in a bowl.
- When combined, shape into eight burger shaped koftas.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sear the koftas on each side for three to four minutes until golden brown.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for five to seven minutes. Allow to cool while you make the asparagus and samphire salad.
- Blanch the asparagus and samphire in boiling water for three minutes. Drain and plunge straight into ice-cold water. Set aside until cool.
- To make the dressing, heat the soy sauce until reduced by half then combine with the remaining dressing ingredients.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, add a drizzle of olive oil then fry the halloumi for approximately 30 to 40 seconds, each side, until browned.
- To serve, place two slices of halloumi on each plate, top with the asparagus, the samphire, the sundried tomato and half a fig, then drizzle with the dressing. Garnish with black olive powder, and peashoots.
Tip: Black olive powder is simply black olives dried in a low oven (130°/gas mark ½) for two hours. Once completely dry, blitz in a blender to form crumbs.