Four Chocolate Terrine
For a chocolate lovers heaven try this indulgent Four Chocolate terrine, simple to make yet so delicious!
Makes: 10 slices
- 100g Dr. Oetker Premium 90% Extra
Dark Chocolate (1 bar)
- 475ml Double Cream (16 fl.oz), at room temperature
- 150g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ Milk Chocolate (1 bar)
- 150g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ White Chocolate (1 bar)
- 125g Dr. Oetker Fine Cooks’ 72% Extra Dark
Chocolate (4 ½ oz)
- Line a deep 500g (1lb 2oz) loaf tin with cling film, smoothing out the cling film as much as possible round the tin sides and over the tin base. Break the 90% Extra Dark Chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt. Remove the bowl from the water.
- Measure out 125ml (4 ½ fl.oz) cream in a jug and carefully stir the cream into the chocolate – it will thicken quickly – until well blended. Pile into the base of the tin and spread out evenly, tapping the tin on the work surface to ensure the chocolate cream settles in the tin. Chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until firm.
- Repeat this process with the Milk Chocolate, this time using 100ml (3 ½ fl.oz) cream to make another layer on top. Make up the White Chocolate layer using a further 100ml (3 ½ fl.oz) cream and leave to set. You’ll need to leave the milk and white chocolate layers longer to set firm than the darker chocolate layers.
- For the final layer, melt the 72 % Extra Dark Chocolate as above, but this time add the remaining 150ml (1/4 pt.) cream to the mixture and spread thickly on top of the white layer – you may need to draw up the sides of the cling film to support the mixture if your tin isn’t quite deep enough. Smooth the surface, cover loosely and chill for a further 2 hours to make sure your terrine is completely set.
- To serve, invert the tin on to a serving plate or board and peel off the cling film. For a very smooth finish, gently run the blade of a knife heated in hot water over the top and sides. The terrine is now ready to serve; decorate with chocolate curls then slice and enjoy!
Choose your favourite Dr. Oetker Chocolate from the range and make up your own combinations. Try adding 5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Lemon Extract to the White Chocolate mixture instead of the Vanilla Grinder, or add 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour to Milk Chocolate truffles, and a few drops Dr. Oetker Rose Flavour is a delicious flavour to go with Dr. Oetker 72% Extra Dark Chocolate.
Recipes in this series: