Fillet beef chilli basil
This is a classic wok-fried dish ideal for a special occasion. From Mak at D6
- 2 x 8oz fillet beef
- 1 onion
- 4 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chillies
- Cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons light soya
- 2 tablespoons dark soya
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 20g basil
This is a quick dish to cook so make sure you have everything ready to go first.
- Slice beef into thin strips. Chop onions and spring onions. Crush garlic.
- Heat up a wok. When hot add oil and fry beef until half cooked.
- Remove beef and in the same wok add your onion, spring onion, garlic and chillies. When soft, add beef.
- Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- Then add light soya, dark soya and fish sauce and sugar. Add white wine and sesame oil.
- Add basil and toss before serving.
Recipe Series: Year of the Goat
Award-winning restaurant China Sichuan share some of their traditional recipes synonymous with Chinese New Year, while Mak at D6 mark their first year in business with a modern take on some party dishes.
Recipes in this series: