Easter Chocolate Slab
20 minutes plus cooling and setting
10 minutes to melt the chocolate
Makes: 1 Slab / Serves 8
- 150g Dr. Oetker Fine Cook’s Dark Chocolate
- 150g Dr. Oetker Fine Cook’s White Chocolate
- Green Gel Food Colour
- Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies
- Dr. Oetker Sugar Butterflies
- Dr. Oetker Sugar Strands
- Break the Dark Chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a saucepan of barely simmering water to melt.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking parchment. Once the chocolate has melted, scrape it out of the bowl on to the centre of the paper using a spatula. Carefully spread the chocolate to form a rectangle approx. 18 x 23cm (7 x 9 inches). Tap the tray lightly on the work surface to smooth the chocolate and leave in a cool place to set.
- Melt the White Chocolate in the same way. Remove the bowl from the water and mix in Gel Food Colour to make a pale green shade.
- Once the Dark Chocolate layer has set, pour the green Chocolate out of the bowl on to the Dark Chocolate. Using a spatula carefully spread the green Chocolate to almost cover the Dark Chocolate. Tap the tray lightly on the work surface to smooth the Chocolate.
- Working quickly, before the green chocolate sets, decorate the top with Dr. Oetker Wafer Daisies, Sugar Butterflies and Sugar Strands, then leave in a cool place to set.
- Once the Chocolate is firm, break into pieces and either serve as they are, or pack pieces into boxes or cellophane bags for gifting.
If the room temperature is warm, put the Chocolate in the fridge for about 30 minutes to set.
Choose your favourite Dr. Oetker Chocolate from the range and make up your own combinations. Try adding 5ml (1 tsp) Dr. Oetker Lemon Extract to the White Chocolate mixture instead of the Vanilla Grinder, or add 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) Dr. Oetker Caramel Flavour to Milk Chocolate truffles, and a few drops Dr. Oetker Rose Flavour is a delicious flavour to go with Dr. Oetker 72% Extra Dark Chocolate.
Recipes in this series: