Caramel crunch popcorn
This is my favourite type of popcorn – sweet, sticky and crunchy
Makes 1 large bowl
- 200g caster or granulated sugar
- 100ml water
- 2 tablespoons glucose syrup, Dr Oetker have a readily available one
- 50g cooked popcorn
- In a heavy-based saucepan add the sugar, water and glucose syrup together and cook on a medium heat until the sugar starts to bubble and turn golden caramel.
- Stir in the cooked popcorn and mix. Spread out on a large tray lined with parchment, separating with a spoon so it doesn’t all stick together (be careful, it’s very hot).
- Leave to harden for five to ten minutes and store in an airtight container
To make popcorn caramel bars, tightly pack the caramel popcorn together on a tray and cook for 30 minutes at 160ºC/ gas mark 2. Allow to cool and cut up into bars
Spruce up DVD nights with Louise Lennox’s sweet, salty and savoury takes on the beloved corn snack